Timing belts with cleats
On optibeltALPHA LINEAR, optibeltALPHA V and optibeltALPHA FLEX Cleats can be attached to timing belts at any time using various processes. These include welding, chemical bonding and mechanical connections. The in-house injection moulding process incorporated in the production cycle ensures good product availability.
If the right cleat for the job is not available in the existing range, it can be custom made or adapted cost-effectively to your specification. We would be pleased to help you find the ideal solution for your conveying requirements.
In contrast to coatings that rely on a frictional connection, cleats allow for positive-fit traction of goods on conveyors. They can also, for example:
- Convey and, if necessary, align products longitudinally and/or laterally
- Position them on the conveyor belt
- Separate products
- Enable high accelerations and/or speeds
- Synchronise the conveyed goods with the base belt
The OPTIBELT cleat range includes a large number of cast blanks and cleats that are ready for use for many purposes. If none of these cleats fits your requirements, a suitable cleat can be made
- by mechanically processing an existing cleat
- with a custom-made injection mould.
The use of an injection mould is ideal for producing medium quantities or more of simple cleat shapes and small quantities of more complex cleat shapes. This can be done in the company’s own tool shop.
To Optibelt cleat selector
Standard polyurethane cleat materials available:
- PU 92 Shore A, white
- PU 65 and 85 Shore A, transparent
- PU 98 Shore A, greyish white
- PU FDA 85 Shore A, transparent / blue
- PU (with GFK)
and colours available on request.
Cleats as workpiece holders
Parallel conveyors with supporting table